Insurance, Provident Funds and Pension Funds
Goldfarb Seligman accumulated significant experience in the insurance, provident fund and pension fund field. The attorneys’ long years of experience, alongside their economic understanding and extensive knowledge in the insurance regulation field, make the firm a market leader in providing comprehensive legal services for insurance and provident entities, tailoring legal solutions to fit the needs of each client. In this capacity, the firm’s clients benefit from a full array of legal services, from investments and transactions to regulations, corporate governance and complex litigation matters.
Our legal teams advise clients from the initial establishment stages, including obtaining the perquisite approval and permits for operating in the insurance field, to full commercial activity, providing ongoing, day to day legal counsel throughout. The attorneys advise clients regarding a wide variety of matters, including corporate law, M&A, investments, regulation (including investment regulations and enforcement regulations), corporate governance, capital raising, taxation, and litigation (including class actions), as well as drafting collective insurance agreements, insurance policies and new insurance products, and advising on their approval by the Capital Markets, Insurance and Savings Authority.
Among others, this expertise includes:
- The establishment of insurance companies and agencies.
- Advising on investment and acquisition transactions relating to insurance companies, insurance agencies, provident funds and pension funds.
- Providing ongoing counsel to boards of directors, audit committees and investment committees of these corporations regarding all corporate governance aspects, including executive compensation.
- Preparing training programs for insurance company directors.
- Drafting compliance programs for insurance companies and advising throughout their implementation.
- Advising on the drafting of yearly and quarterly reports.
- Advising on proceedings for obtaining control permits from the Capital Markets, Insurance and Savings Authority due to the transfer of ownership.
- Drafting insurance policies (individual policies and collective policies) and related insurance documents.
- Handling claims and complains of insured individuals, including representing defendants in class actions, director liability claims and financial product insurance claims.
- Representing the interests of insurance companies, provident funds and pension funds in regulation setting proceedings, and assisting in the implementation of new regulations.
- Handling all aspects of Company Secretary, including for companies controlled from overseas.
- Advising on all commercial aspects relating to the activities of insurance companies, including contracts with agents and suppliers, drafting tenders, and forming collaborations with various entities.
- Representing insurance companies in administrative proceedings, including monetary sanctions imposed by the Capital Markets, Insurance and Savings Authority.
- Advising on the pension and health plans of employees in Israel’s leading corporations.
- And more.
The firm’s attorneys provide comprehensive and diverse legal services in to a long line of leading insurance companies, provident funds managers, pension funds and insurance agencies.
"Acts for national and international insurance companies on incorporation in Israel, drafting insurance plans, implementing risk management strategies, advising on tender bids and in administrative proceedings and high-value class actions."
The Legal 500 | 2020
"Represents a plethora of prominent insurance companies on a wide variety of single-plaintiff and class action suits."
Chambers & Partners | 2019
"Acts for Israel’s largest insurance companies."
The Legal 500 | 2018
"The insurance department at Goldfarb Seligman & Co. is highly professional and always delivers on time."
The Legal 500 | 2018
"Represents many large Israeli insurers across general insurance law, commercial matters, class actions and tort law."